Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Engineering - Geotechnical
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in the Knoxville, TN office. The candidate will support geotechnical field and office services as directed by senior engineers and project managers for geotechnical/civil projects related to energy, transportation, industrial, commercial, and government sector clients.
- Under limited direction of senior staff, lead geotechnical field coordination and technical oversight of site explorations including drilling observation and logging, field reporting, in situ testing, and construction monitoring
- Coordinate laboratory testing assignments, data compilation, and technical review of laboratory results
- Complete preparation of boring logs, data evaluation and engineering analysis, as well as draft design recommendations for subsurface investigation reports
- Draft slope stability, bearing capacity, seepage, and settlement analyses; Capable of designing retaining walls, foundations, embankments, pavements, and drainage features
- Work with senior-level staff to develop proposals, cost estimates, schedules, designs and analyses, budget management, as well as interact with clients on-site and in project meetings
- Assist in staff development and management tasks
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering from an ABET-accredited college/university is required
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Geotechnical Engineering preferred
- EIT certification required, P.E. license preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in geotechnical or general civil field work is preferred, but not required
- Must have strong oral / written communication skills and ability to work well in teams
- Must have strong organizational skills for keeping multiple tasks on track from concept through delivery
- Must demonstrate a safety-first work ethic
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (required)
- Knowledge or experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D or MicroStation preferred
- Experience with slope stability (SLOPE/W) and seepage (SEEP/W) analyses, finite element analyses, Settle3D, LPILE, and other geotechnical software is preferred
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours, as required
- Requires travel and willingness to work outdoors
- Valid Driver's License
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and traverse over rugged terrain
- Pass drug test and background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!