Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aqua-Chem, inc.
- 30-Jul-2019 to 28-Sep-2019 (EST)
- Knoxville, TN, USA
- Full Time
Aqua-Chem, headquartered in Knoxville, TN, is a leading provider of Engineered Water Purification solutions for a global base of blue-chip customers. The Company has been conducting business for over 80 years, and manufactures distillation, membrane-based water treatment including reverse osmosis, nanofiltration, and ultrafiltration systems, as well as a variety of other water filtration and purification equipment. In addition to this, Aqua-Chem has a well-established Aftermarket Parts and Services business in over 40 countries. Aqua-Chem serves a number of diverse and high growth end markets including pharmaceutical, beverage, military and offshore energy.
Position Summary: Responsible for assembling structural metal products using tools, machines, and their own hands. Fabricates various types of products. Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
Essential Duties: The Level II possesses proficient skills in lay out, fitting, brazing, and welding. A Level II is capable of welding fabricated and machined parts and components in accordance with established procedures and specifications while working with minimal supervision. MUST BE ABLE TO FIT AND WELD PIPE
- Ability to meet Aqua-Chem Visual Acuity requirements
- Possess entry-level Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding, or Flux Cored Arc Welding skill.
- Capable of using Thermal cutting methods (Plasma-Arc and OxyFuel)
- Capable of utilizing basic shop math skills, e.g. fractions and decimals, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, etc.
- Basic Proficiency with the use of measuring tools and weld gages.
- Able to read and understand internal procedures and policies.
- Understands and follows both verbal and written instructions. Reads and follows work order instructions.
- Maintain accurate documentation as required
- Reads and Interprets blueprints and welding symbols while working under close supervision.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack welds parts to secure in position for welding while working under close supervision.
- Positions parts in jigs or fixtures on table or floor, or clamps parts together along lay out marks while working under close supervision.
- Examines work periodically to verify that deposited welds and dimensions are within specified limits, with training.
- Capable of passing Welder Qualification tests as required within a reasonable period of time.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures while performing tasks.
- Possesses knowledge and ability to use power tools and equipment as needed to complete related tasks such as sanding and grinding with minimal supervision.
- Properly adjusts welding power source to amperage, voltage, slope, and/or pulse as specified by Welding Procedure Specification.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be willing and capable of learning and gaining the skill and competency needed to reach the next level for long term employment.
- Expected to perform other duties as assigned or required by management.
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Education Required: High school diploma or GED Required
Experience Required: 3 years to less than 7 years
Physical Skill and Effort: Must be able to lift to 50 lbs. on a regular basis. Must be able to work up to 12 hours standing and walking on cement surface and will be required to regularly bend, stretch, stoop, squat, climb ladders and perform work in confined positions. Will require working in areas up to 15 feet from the ground. Must be able to climb stairs and work in temperature ranges corresponding with the outside ambient temperatures.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous description for this position. This description supersedes any previous descriptions for this position.