Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aqua-Chem, inc.
- 30-Jul-2019 to 28-Sep-2019 (EST)
- Knoxville, TN, USA
- Full Time
Aqua-Chem, headquartered in Knoxville, TN, is a leading provider of Engineered Water Purification solutions for a global base of blue-chip customers. The Company has been conducting business for over 80 years, and manufactures distillation, membrane-based water treatment including reverse osmosis, nanofiltration, and ultrafiltration systems, as well as a variety of other water filtration and purification equipment. In addition to this, Aqua-Chem has a well-established Aftermarket Parts and Services business in over 40 countries. Aqua-Chem serves a number of diverse and high growth end markets including pharmaceutical, beverage, military and offshore energy.
Position Summary: Responsible for assembling structural metal products using tools, machines, and their own hands. Fabricates various types of products. Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function.
The Level III must be capable of full job responsibility. They are able to perform lay out, fitting, and welding. A Level III is capable of welding fabricated and machined parts and components in accordance with established procedures and specifications without supervision. The Level III possesses the following attributes:
- Capable of estimating labor hours on assigned job.
- Capable of assuming a leadership/lead man role.
- Capable of and expected to train/mentor, and direct less experienced personnel in safe methods and procedures.
- Capable of recognizing safety issues, hazards, and preventing accidents. Reporting incidents or near misses to appropriate supervisor.
- Ability to meet Visual Acuity requirements per NAVSEA S9074-AQ-GIB-010/248, paragraph 5.2.12
- Thorough knowledge of and skilled at Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding, and Flux Cored Arc Welding of various alloys in accordance with drawing requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of and skilled in the use of Thermal Cutting methods (Plasma Arc and Oxyfuel).
- Capable of utilizing shop math skills, e.g. fractions and decimals, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, etc.
- Knowledge of metallurgy and the physical properties of various metals.
- Maintain the segregation and traceability of base materials in accordance with job requirements.
- Read the required Welding Procedure Specification and use the correct filler material (Weld Wire).
- Proficiency with the use of measuring tools and weld gauges.
- Able to read and understand internal procedures and policies.
- Understands and follows both verbal and written instructions.
- Reads and follows work order instructions.
- Reads and Interprets blueprints and welding symbols at an expert level.
- Recognize issues with Blueprints, Materials, or Quality and report to appropriate supervisor.
- Recognize the need for specific tooling and fixtures and inform the appropriate supervisor.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Positions parts in jigs or fixtures on table or floor, or clamps parts together along lay out marks.
- Examines their work and others work periodically to verify that deposited welds and dimensions are within specified limits.
- Familiar with different Non-Destructive Examination procedures (VT, MT, PT, RT, UT).
- Capable of driving forklift and using rigging/material handling equipment safely.
- Capable of working closely with Manufacturing, Supervision, Engineering, or 3rd party inspectors/customers, always presenting himself/herself professionally.
- Possesses knowledge and ability to use power tools and equipment as needed to complete related tasks such as sanding and grinding.
- Properly adjusts welding power source to amperage, voltage, slope, and/or pulse as specified by Welding Procedure Specification.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as necessary.
- Must abide by company attendance policy.
- Expected to perform other duties as assigned or required by management.
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Education Required: High school diploma or GED Required and Advanced Trade / Skill Certification
Experience Required: At least 7 years
Physical Skill and Effort: Must be able to lift to 50 lbs. on a regular basis. Must be able to work up to 12 hours standing and walking on cement surface and will be required to regularly bend, stretch, stoop, squat, climb ladders and perform work in confined positions. Will require working in areas up to 15 feet from the ground. Must be able to climb stairs and work in temperature ranges corresponding with the outside ambient temperatures.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous description for this position. This description supersedes any previous descriptions for this position.