Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Job TitleElectrical Engineer
Performs a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phases of projects. Supports procurement and construction phases or projects with engineering knowledge and experience. Performs other duties as required.
- Work activities include collection and interpretation of engineering data, development of project design basis, development of specifications, and performance of detailed engineering.
- Ensures conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Assist engineering projects and work with design/drafting personnel.
- Will mostly work with electrical personnel, but will need to interact with internal and external clients as well as other engineering disciplines.
- Prepare and check/review calculations, specifications, and construction drawings.
- Prepare scopes of work and other construction related documentation.
- Assist with preparation of proposals and development of project design basis.
- Review for conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- Four to ten years' experience in Electrical Engineering related projects.
- Registered professional engineer. Must be able to gain PE licenses for other states by reciprocity.
- Experience in preparing design documents, including construction drawings, specifications, and calculations.
- Experience in industrial field construction or factory maintenance.
- Willingness to travel to project sites to gather information, review construction activities, and perform system startups.
- Experience with low voltage power distribution systems is required.
- Medium voltage distribution experience is a plus.
- I&C design and field troubleshooting experience are a plus.
- PLC/HMI programming and/or troubleshooting experience are a plus.
- ETAP electrical analysis software experience is a plus.
- Building communications and safety systems experience are a plus.
- Fire detection and alarming experience is a plus.
- Revit or Plant 3D experience is a plus.
- Periodically Short Term project site assignments may be available
APTIM was created by Veritas Capital, a leading private equity firm, following acquisition of CB&I's Capital Services business. With approximately 15,000 employees deployed across hundreds of offices and customer sites globally, APTIM provides integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure, EPC services, program management, disaster response and recovery, resiliency planning, and energy management services for private sector and government customers. Our timely and cost-effective solutions not only satisfy our customers' needs, but also improve the quality of life for people around the world.