Dairy Farmers of America, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dairy Farmers of America, inc.
Job TitleField Representative
The Field Representative is responsible for developing and growing professional relationships with Dairy Farmers of America (DFA) stakeholders, including: members, haulers, appropriate customer personnel, regulatory authorities, and the general industry throughout the assigned area. Promote and be proud of DFA in the community.
Coverage area will be Tennesse, Kentucky and Indiana
- Be responsible for all aspects of the relationship process, including existing members and potential new member education as it relates to DFA and its services
- Actively seek out member services and opportunities that can enhance member long-term viability
- Work collaboratively and communicate with area management, fellow member/field representatives, cooperative staff and other industry resources (including: haulers, state officials and dairy equipment and cleaning companies) to address members articulated and unarticulated needs
- Keep members up to date on current specific area programs
Continuous Improvement in On-Farm Operations:
- Regularly monitor member production records, and act where needed regarding components and quality
- Foster positive attitudes among members through sound relationships, peer sharing, and encourage members to participate in DFA meetings and events
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in milk quality and production practices among members
- Perform routine farm visits to insure farm conditions are such that state and federal inspections or surveys achieve a passing score.
- Conduct member Gold Standard evaluations
- Affidavits on file concerning rBST-free milk, completed or renewal as required by regulatory agencies
Firm Understanding of DFA and the Industry:
- Aware of industry news, market trends, global, national and local issues, DFA information/policies and service resources
- Stay current on pay prices, programs and policies of all competitors in assigned area
- Understanding of all DFA services and resources available to members, including DFA programs such as DFA PAC, DFA Advancing Dairy, DFA Cares, DFA Farm and Member Services
- Attend all required DFA meetings, functions or events
Promoting an Efficient Supply Chain:
- Work with members, haulers and customers to ensure an efficient supply chain
- Ensure members meet appropriate quality and regulatory standards, to ensure compliance with the laws and regulations
- Minimum of a four-year degree, required
- Background or experience in the dairy industry or other agriculture, desired
- Must have knowledge of how a dairy farm operates and functions
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively
- Proficient computer skills
- Must have skills to listen, follow and implement instructions/directives
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with a broad spectrum of stakeholders (to include weekly reports)
- Excellent problem-solving ability and judgement
- Ability to understand, analyze and resolve issues surrounding the production and transportation of milk, and operation of a dairy farm
- Ability to organize, coordinate and execute job responsibilities in a timely manner
- Self-starter and able to plan and execute daily/weekly and monthly schedules
- Ability to understand and implement dairy rules as intended by regulatory agencies
- Passion for working with dairy farmers
- Available for after hour calls