Discovery Communications, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting & Finance Internship - Spring 2020
at Discovery Communications, LLC
- Requisition ID
- Career Category
Discovery Interns are explorers; they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an Internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Here’s what we offer:
- Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects
- Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest
- Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business
- Networking opportunities with great snacks
- A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match
Here’s what you’ll take away:
- Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What you need to know:
- This spring, our 12 week semester will be held from January 27th-April 17th 2020.
- Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
- The?application deadline is November 15th.?After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
- We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Interviewing will take place from September through December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
Accounting and Finance are integral parts to Discovery. Interns will be exposed to the inner workings of how a publicly traded, Fortune 500 company operates. This spring, we have opportunities in the Revenue Accounting team, our Ad Sales Finance team, our Content Accounting team, the Accounts Payable teamand more!
As an Accounting or Finance Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Learn Ledger closing and reporting, SOX compliance, and SEC filing
• Exposure to internal audit testing & documentation
• Some intern positions may provide exposure to external financial reporting and internal control reporting
• Development of new SOX narratives
• Tax accounting opportunities will include general tax experience, increased knowledge of returns, apportionment, organizational charts, tax calendars, foreign tax certifications, and transfer pricing projects
• Assist in reconciliation of several general ledger accounts
• Set-up projects to accumulate costs and ultimately capitalize show costs for various Discovery programs
• Review and analyze production contracts related to new programs, as well as on-air talent
• Assist in maintaining vendor master data, including processing vendor invoices
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a current Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Please note this position is located in KNOXVILLE. If selected for an opportunity, interns are responsible for securing their own housing.
tennessee, kx, tn