Discovery Communications, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Discovery Communications, LLC
- Requisition ID
- Career Category
- Company Employee Full-Time
Digital Research & Analytics, part of Digital Studios, informs strategy development and decision-making through holistic data analytics and actionable recommendations. The team is focused on leveraging best practices in digital analytics to capture data, perform analysis and optimize our website and social strategy to drive a quality user experience while maintaining and/or improving monetization opportunities.
1. Support key business initiatives by generating insights from social data and communicating opportunities or issues.
2. Design effective and impactful reports and visualizations in support of digital, linear and DTC products across global business units.
3. Work alongside and collaborate with business, social and other teams with ad-hoc reporting and in-depth analyses. Support campaign launches, company initiatives and other needs as they arise.
4. Create presentations to highlight analysis and tell the story.
5. Develop a thorough understanding of the Digital Studios social data environment – data collection, data sources, data accessibility and tools.
6. Collaborate with business, technology and analytics partners to determine needs and assist with defining data collection requirements. Work with implementation engineers to validate data ingestion from 3rd party APIs.
7. Seek out descriptive and actionable trends and relationships within our audience.
8. Takes steps to gain new perspectives from external sources.
* 2+ years relevant work experience in an analytical field
* 2+ years of experience with digital and/or social platforms
* Experience with social analytics tools (i.e. Tubular, Socialbakers, etc.)
* Experience with data warehouse products (i.e. Redshift, Qubole, etc.)
* Experience with programming languages (i.e. SQL, R, etc.)
* Naturally inquisitive, critical thinker, proactive problem-solver and detail-oriented.
* Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
* Ability to manage and balance multiple (and sometimes competing) priorities in a fast-paced, complex business environment and can manage time effectively to consistently meet deadlines
* Team player and relationship builder
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Microsoft Excel
* BS/BA in related discipline, i.e. analytics, data sciences, statistics, business, etc.
* 3-5 years of experience in a related field.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN