Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Inc.
Responsible for planning, organizing and controlling, either directly or indirectly, those activities necessary to achieve stated production goals with a focus on improving overall quality. The Manager, Production works in a cross-functional manner to obtain maximum growth, at best cost, while ensuring a safe and compliant environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the tactical execution of short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Technically proficient in the specific department and knowledge of industry practice and business principles. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Has a larger range within the department.
- Experienced leadership required for multi-faceted environment; role primarily focuses on tactical execution. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Program or project responsibility generally within the function. Manages the operations of one or more departments, direct impact on a specific functional area. Manages the coordination of activities of a section or department with direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing. An individual contributor will have significant project/process responsibilities.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interprets and recommends change to policies and establishes procedures that effect immediate organization(s).
- Decisions have an impact on work processes and outcomes. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers.
- Participates and presents at meetings with internal and external representatives. Often leading a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Interacts with internal departments and external customers; particularly in problem resolution. Acts as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs
- Approximately 10% travel may be required for this position
Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of staff in the Hemodialysis (HD) and Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) Department.
Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years of related production experience; 3 years of supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented with the ability to work with various departments in a professional manner.
- Able to lead projects and orchestrate appropriate resource availability throughout the organization
- Excellent communication with management, peers and facility personnel.
- Experience with SAP or similar system preferred.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity