Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Kids Club Team Member
at GOLD'S GYM
- Job ID
- Farragut Gym
- Job Region
The Kids Club Associate provides all the necessary primary care for infants, independent and group activities for toddlers and direct supervision of older children in a specific area of the gym. Primary job is to ensure the safety and security of all children while in the Kids Club care.
- Cares for children in a defined area of the gym for the attending member(s).
- Organizes and participates in recreational activities, such as games.
- Reads to children, and teaches them simple painting, drawing, crafts, and songs
- Care for special needs children as needed to include securing the children in equipment, such as chairs and slings
- Organizes and stores toys and materials to ensure order in Kids Club area
- Must portray a fun and energetic demeanor
- Sanitizes toys, play equipment, and complete the daily cleaning checklist
- Helps plan age appropriate activities on a weekly basis
- Ensures that all necessary paperwork is completed as needed to include: accident reports, sign in sheets, weekly tally sheets, and opening and closing sheets
- Attends all required staff meetings
- Pages parent/guardian if necessary to attend to discipline issues and attend to personal needs (diaper changing, changing clothes, restroom assistance)
- Ensures parents are adhering to the Kids Club policies and signs child in and out of facility
- Ensures that all safety precautions are taken when receiving and releasing children to the parent/legal guardian by using the Parental ID check in process.
- Must ensure no drinks or foods are in the Kids Club
- Must be accountable for children at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2-3 years childcare experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Infant and Child First Aid and CPR certification required
- Ability to safely lift and hold children
- Ability to setup play equipment and pick up toys
- Must be able to communicate well with children
- Excellent verbal and written communication with adult parent(s) required
- Requires the ability to stand or sit for up to 8 hours throughout the workday
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone