Local Motors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Exterior / Interior Technician Knoxville, TN Location
at Local Motors, Inc.
- The Senior Exterior/Interior Technician position is responsible for executing and validation activities in addition to other facility start-up support activities, as needed, then the role will transition to an operational manufacturing lead position where it is expected that the incumbent conducts all manufacturing department processes and assists the supervisor as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a Senior Interior/Exterior Technician, you will be responsible for required to lead installation of components such as interior/exterior panel, glass, sensor fitting, fit and finish, Will be responsible for the exterior/interior defined by manufacturing process.
- You will demonstrate leadership for a build team in the Interior/Exterior Cell. They will be responsible for training the team in safe and accurate construction of Local Motors vehicles.
- This includes not only building vehicles according to specification, but testing and diagnosis of each vehicle both within our facility and follow up with quality and other manufacturing cells. This role requires an equal level of not only technical mechanical skills but people skills as well.
- Must be willing to work in a cross functional organization and be willing to support other area of build based on production needs.
- Lead team to complete scheduled work based on the Manufacturing plan.
- Coordinate activities across function.
- Escalate issues or decision effectively to production manager.
- Containment of issues as they arise on shift and work with quality and engineering team.
- Involved in hands-on execution of manufacturing operations.
- Accountability for results.
- Contribute toward authoring SOPs and Job aids, associated to the processes in they’re area.
- Support the implementation of Kanban and 5S systems to full production environment.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS :
- Technical field preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Automotive concentration preferred.
Qualifications & Skills:
Ten years of progressive production experience in the Automotive related industry is required. A working knowledge of all new processes and procedures relating to new products transfer and launch. Mechanical aptitude relative to the understanding of 3D printing and manufacturing fabrication methods. Proficiency in MS Office spreadsheet software preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude for conflict resolution. The ability to read, write, follow and train others in complex instructions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate based on an individual’s race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, or sexual orientation), age, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Our policy is to select, place, train, and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work performance and quality, attitude, and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws. This policy applies to all phases of the employment process including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or demotion, discipline, transfer, layoff, and termination. It also covers any type of employment action, including those relating to salary, benefits, training, travel, and participation in sponsored business and social events.