Pilot Flying J
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Purchasing Agent II
at Pilot Flying J
Come join Pilot Flying J as a Purchasing Agent II!
The purpose of this job is to provide product andservices sourcing as well as store support encompassing response and resolutionto store needs and problems.
1. Lead product and services administration and storesupport including sourcing, testing, and selecting new products, programs, andservices; respond to store needs and solve store problems
2. Compile and send out bid packages to potentialvendors, analyze returned packages, negotiate contract terms and review, andanalyze and edit contracts
3. Recommend and collaborate in vendor evaluation,selection, and negotiation process; establish and maintain contractual andbusiness relationships with the vendors, and adjust sourcing strategies basedon supplier performance business unit input
4. Conduct pricing analyses and total cost models as wellas ad-hoc and standard reports
5. Organize, review, and analyze company data to identifytrends, create meaningful reporting, and develop action items
6. Remain current with market trends through relationshipwith vendors; perform market research and identify new solutions to company’skey problems
7. Identify, develop, and implement strategies to achieveprocess improvements and secure reductions according to implementation plansincluding post-bid invoice review to verify and track attained savings
8. Model behaviors that support the company’s commonpurpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
9. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules,regulations, policies, and procedures
10. Complete other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree required with major in finance,accounting, or related business field preferred
* Minimum three years’ related business experience required
* Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word skills, Exceland PowerPoint required
* Good understanding or knowledge of contract basicspreferred
* Knowledgeable about factors affecting market andpricing of products