Summit Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CMA / CNA / Medical Assistant
at Summit Medical Group
CMA / CNA / Medical Assistant
Summit Strategic Solutions
About Our Career Opportunity
Summit Strategic Solutions,a division of Summit Medical Group, has an immediate opening for a CNA/CMA/Medical Assistant to facilitate the patients’ appropriate navigation of the healthcare system, support patient understanding of personalized healthcare needs and implement established patient centered plans of care. This is afull time opportunity, M-F, 8am-5pm.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (List does not include all duties assigned)
- Under the supervision of the RN Care Coordination Team Leader, contacts and tracks patient progress for the purpose of achieving established Care Coordination patient directed goals.
- Provide support to the Care Coordination Team through collecting, reporting and recording data contributing to RN development of care plans and Care Coordination processes through establish procedures.
- Act as an advocate for an individual's health care needs by identifying and communicating potential needs to the RN Care Coordinator.
- Assist the RN Care Coordinator/Social Worker/LPN Nurse Navigator with the coordination of institutional facilities as necessary to help ensure the proper management of the patient’s acute and/or chronic physical health or behavioral health conditions.
- Facilitate patient understanding of the physician’s treatment plan, including but not limited to medication adherence, preventive care, and self-management skills.
- Utilize criteria for authorizing appropriate home and community based services, obtain authorization for those services and provide follow up as needed.
- Provide assistance in resolving concerns about service delivery or provider care.
- Promote coordination of patient’s primary care provider, specialists, other providers and care programs facilitating comprehensive, holistic, person-centered approach to care.
- Consult with the RN Care Coordinator and/or other health team members and seek guidance as necessary.
- Participate in establishing and maintaining a therapeutic nurse client relationship.
- Contribute to the evaluation of patient response to the patient directed plan of care through identification and communication of findings.
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation of services in accordance with the plan of care, promoting highquality integrated care.
- Maintain security and privacy of patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Certification including Medical Assistant (CMA), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Medication Technician, (CMT), or Patient Care Technician (PCT) preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years of experience in clinical or administrative role in medical organization. Prior experience with disease management, population health management, or other related health care environments