Summit Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Summit Medical Group
Summit Sleep Services
About Summit Medical Group
Summit Medical Group is East Tennessee’s largest primary care organization with more than 300 providers at 57 practice locations in 14 counties. Summit also consists of four diagnostic centers, mobile diagnostic services, eight physical therapy centers, three express clinics, central laboratory and sleep services center. Summit provides healthcare services to more than 260,000 patients, averaging over one million encounters annually. For more information, visitwww.summitmedical.com
In addition to our commitment to the health of our community, our organization is also committed to the health of our employees through our employee Wellness Program. Employees receive a discounted monthly insurance premium if they actively participate in the wellness program. Furthermore, Summit Medical Group hires only non-tobacco users. Pre-employment drug testing will include testing for nicotine, and only candidates who pass the drug test will be considered eligible for employment.
About Our Career Opportunity
Summit Sleep Servicesis seeking an experienced PRNPolysomnography Technician. We are a comprehensive sleep disorder facility that is accredited by theAASM - American Academy of Sleep Medicine. We serve the needs of Summit and the greater Knoxville area.
We diagnose and treat many sleep disorders including:
- Sleep Disordered Breathing
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
- Shift Work Disorder
- Many others: http://www.summitsleeptn.com/services/
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (Included but not limited to)
- Perform appropriate equipment calibrations and maintenance as needed on polysomnographic equipment to ensure proper functioning with strong ability to troubleshoot all devices.
- Collect, analyze and integrate patient information in order to identify and meet the patient-specific needs and determine final testing parameters/protocol in conjunction with the ordering physician or clinical director and the sleep lab protocols.
- Completes pre and post study forms for collection of patient data for chart.
- Orients patient to sleep lab environment and communicates testing procedures, allocating time for patient questions.
- Completes patient preparation for testing including; chart review and documentation, computer analysis of sleep study data, hook-up procedures for set-up and clean up processes.
- Independently applies monitoring electrodes and other required devices on at least two patients per night according to the accepted published standards; appropriate impedance checks on devices for quality assurance before recording begins.
- Follows procedural protocols for diagnostic PSG, CPAP and BiLevel titration PSG, split PSG, MSLT, MWT, parasomnia PSG, oxygen titration PSG to ensure collection of appropriate data.
- Performs polysomnographic data acquisition while monitoring study-tracing quality to ensure signals are artifact-free and make adjustments as necessary.
- Documents routine technical observations during recording including, sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure and other significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
- Implements appropriate interventions as necessary to include but not limited to; patient safety, therapeutic intervention such as CPAP or BiLevel, oxygen administration; and technical quality interventions for integrity of data.
- Performs related tasks as requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an approved polysomnography technical/certificate program OR on-the-job training if applicable OR current certification by the BRPT, Board of Registered Polysomnography Technologists.
EXPERIENCE: Sleep medicine training/experience preferred; candidate may come from various medical backgrounds for on-the-job training if needed.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Dependent upon training may have either of the following; Certification by an approved polysomnography technical program with completion of on-site clinical rotations; BRPT certificate if candidate is RPSGT certified.Must be a licensed Polysomnographic Technologist (PSGP) in the state of Tennessee.
Must have current CPR or BCLS certification.