Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Automotive Service Technician
at Tire Discounters
Tire Discounters is a full-service automotive shop so our trained Service Technicians / Mechanics perform undercar and underhood services including but not limited to: shocks, struts, steering, alignments, brakes, transmissions, routine and scheduled maintenance and so much more. Our mechanics are paid an hourly rate plus performance incentives. We offer NO CAP on incentive bonus pay! We reward experience and ASE certifications with a higher hourly rate!
What Our Mechanics / Service Technicians Do:
• Provide accurate, high level and timely vehicle diagnosis, maintenance, and repairs
• Promptly deliver service or repairs thereby meeting or exceeding customer expectations
• Test drive vehicles before and after repairs to ensure functionality and overall safety
• Assist other teammates with tasks as needed to consistently deliver on our expectation of outstanding customer service
• Promote company culture of cooperation and collaboration among all technicians
FULL benefits, including:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and 401k Options
• Employee discount program
• Paid vacations and holidays
• ASE Certification reimbursement
• Paid onsite, offsite and online training designed to encourage personal development
• Strong advancement opportunities - We want to see you grow and succeed!
Service Technician / Automotive Mechanic Requirements:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum two years automotive repair experience required
• Must have own tools
• Ability to operate machines and equipment used in the automotive mechanic trade
• Diagnostic scanner experience is a plus
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Strong customer service experience, organization, and communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to consistently follow store policies and procedures
• Alertness and careful attention is required to avoid injury to self and others
• Desire and ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to perform all tasks with extreme accuracy
• This position requires continuous standing, bending, lifting and ability to lift up to 75 lbs
• ASE certifications preferred
• Working conditions are considered acceptable, but occasionally involve exposure to mechanical hazards and outside weather conditions
• Authorized to work in the USA and at least 18 years of age
Tire Discounters, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, is a Midwest based family owned and operated company. Started in 1976, the company has grown to over 125 stores and still growing. Tire Discounters stores are in many major cities throughout Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama. Our company was rated the 7th largest independent tire retailer in the United States, voted as #1 Tire Store in Cincinnati for 11 years running, and the #1 Auto Repair Retailer in Cincinnati for the past 4 years.
Qualified candidates may also call our Career Hotline at (513) 618-7880 for more information about this position or other career opportunities with Tire Discounters.