United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Parkwest Surgery Center, Pre/Post RN: Under the supervision of the clinical manager, is responsible for the nursing care of the patient in the pre-op and post anesthesia care area. Participates as a team member in the planning and implementing of patient care. Directs and assist in caring out the standards of PRE-OP and PACU. Offers leadership and direction to nursing and medical assistants. Assures continuity of care from pre-operative visit thru surgical procedure and until post operative follow up.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Current Tennessee Registered Nursing license
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern nursing concepts. Has ability to act efficiently and rationally in emergency situations
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics
- Strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understand principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients with changing medical priorities and ability to respond accordingly
- Knowledge base to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Excellent teaching skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong professional and ethical behavior
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians and fellow employees. (TEAMWORK)
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate accountability, creativity, innovation and be receptive to change
- Possess basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
* Previous experience working in an ambulatory surgical setting preferred.